Archive for June, 2012
As I stare at the blank calendar I begin to remember a story of guy name Dr. Lewis Smedes.
Dr. Lewis Smedes story goes like this……
My date book has become a parable about hope for me. When I get out a new one, I see page after page of blank squares, each representing a day of my life. Each square bounded by four solid lines. My job is to fill up each of the squares with all the things that I do every day. When I get one square nicely filled, at the magic moment of midnight, an invisible door opens and I am silently slurped into the next square where I do it all over again. My life – filling up the squares.
Hope is what Dr. Lewis Smedes had everyday, I think that is amazing way to live for sure.
Dr. Lewis Smedes got me thinking about living each square as if it were your last.
If we thought like Smedes what would happen to each and everyday we get another chance to live another day.
What if today was you last square?
What would you do with it?
Dr. Lewis Smedes pondered that same question, and went on to live a wonderful productive life.
Think about it!
What about the business you wanted to start?
What about the movement you wanted to create?
None of this can happen unless you decide to take action on it. Dr. Lewis Smedes shows us If you have a burning desire in you, and you know you were created to do great things. Don’t be scared to push yourself to do them. Don’t let fear or pride hold you back from being a person that lives a live of excellence. There will come a day when that last square can not be filled out, because you are no longer on this earth.
The life you are living now, will it leave a legacy like Dr. Lewis Smedes?
I hope you realize that you can be great, but it starts with belief. I hope this story by Dr. Lewis Smedes encourages you to be amazing today and fill in that square as Dr. Lewis Smedes did. Like every day was our last day.
Dr. Lewis Smedes Quotes “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
I Love Sunday
Me and my girlfriend were chatting on Sunday when I told her I saw Dr Wayne Dyer talking on PBS. She started telling me about a program she watch in the past called “Excuses Begone”. So we decided to watch on YouTube together that night. One of those great joys to sit down with the person you love and grow together, and ask each other what we thought about each video. I’m truly blessed to have someone in my life that like that. This is what I call a true stop and smell the roses kind of moment. We sometime miss the great joys in life, because we are too busy with life.
The following are some of the most common excuses which we give if we are unable to undertake or just doing something great in life. Something within us is holding back and that is one of the reason we are unable to enjoy our life at the highest level of success, happiness and health. These are the MIND VIRUSES which Wayne Dyer calls to be decimated in order to achieve excellence in life. These viruses in the form of doubt, fear & in-habitations have to be dispelled which has been imbedded in our thoughts, actions and behaviors. This can be done only by unlearning the old habits which one has inculcated over a period of time and learn new habits which shall pave the way for success and accomplishment.
Along with the common excuses, Wayne Dyer has given affirmations for each excuse which will assist you in making a conscious effort to encourage yourself to elevate your beliefs unquestionably!
1. It will be difficult: I have the ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to with ease and comfort.
2. It’s going to be risky: Being myself involves no risks. It is my ultimate truth, and I live it fearlessly.
3. It will take a long time: I have infinite patience when it comes to fulfilling my destiny.
4. There will be family drama: I would rather be loathed for who I am than loved for who I am not.
5. I don’t deserve it: I am a Divine creation, a piece of God. Therefore, I cannot be undeserving.
6. It’s not my nature: My essential nature is perfect and faultless. It is to this nature that I return.
7. I can’t afford it: I am connected to an unlimited source of abundance.
8. No one will help me: The right circumstances and the right people are already here and will show up on time.
9. It has never happened before: I am willing to attract all that I desire, beginning here and now.
10. I’m not strong enough: I have access to unlimited assistance. My strength comes from my connection to my Source of being.
11. I’m not smart enough: I am a creation of the Divine mind; all is perfect, and I am genius in my own right.
12. I’m too old (or not old enough): I am an infinite being. The age of my body has no bearing on what I do or who I am.
13. The rules won’t let me: I live my life according to Divine rules.
14. It’s too big: I think only about what I can do now. By thinking small, I accomplish great things.
15. I don’t have the energy: I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy.
16. It’s my personal family history: I live in the present moment by being grateful for all of my life experiences as a child.
17. I’m too busy: As I unclutter my life, I free myself to answer the callings of my soul.
18. I’m too scared: I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, because I know that I am never along.
We now have the ammunition to stop saying these once for all. I would encourage to print this list out. When you find yourself struggling with the mind virus, quickly hit with positive antidote of the powerful affirmations.
Please Share this with others and “LIKE”, so they to can have the antidote for their MIND-VIRUSES.
I’m pretty sure the tagline grabbed your attention right?
I want to talk about a risky subject that most people won’t talk about. That is the art of name dropping. A lot of people have taken this the wrong way and get mad when people do it incorrectly. But I will tell you that there are people who name drop all the time. I want to teach you a couple steps to properly dropping names. Right before we get into the right way of doing it, I think we need to talk about the wrong ways first to get those comparisons in the fore front of our minds.
Don’t do this!
Don’t be that guy who says they know everybody. I know all too well this type of mentality. I use to be this guy and wanted people to view me as important. A lot of times we do this out of ego, thinking some how people are going to think I’m cool and worthy to be in their presence because I know so-and-so.
Again I want to stay on subject here, but I just want tell you this, if you struggle with this type of thing it’s okay to be you. I learned that you got to quit caring about what people think about you, the more you don’t care what people think; the more happier you will be with yourself.
Remember you are Awesome the way you are now!
Don’t name drop if you don’t know them personally.
I see a lot of people do this all the time, and think they are going to impress somebody with this tactic. This doesn’t impress people, it just makes you look untrustworthy and nobody likes doing business with people they don’t trust or like.
These are two things you can do to name drop properly.
- It’s not bad during your conversation to drop a name that might build a bond between you and the other person you are talking too.
For Example: conversation might go something like this. Somebody is asking you were you are from, and you might say I’m from Phoenix; how about you? They say I’m from Chicago, oh cool I actually have buddy who lives in Chicago. Yeah my buddy so-and-so I believe is connected to you. Do you know him?
See again I’m not trying to be ego driven in this conversation, I’m just trying to create a bond in this conversation through being relate-able and saying we might know some of the same people.
2. It’s okay to talk about people you work with or know to build credibility during your conversation.
For Example: you are talking to somebody and they asking you about what you do, and you say I do this and that. Then they would say something like oh that is cool. Yeah I have worked with so-and-so who I believe you know, we are really good friends. I was just at his house last month.
We are doing this to build credibility with that person, and maybe potentially do business down the road. I hope you guys like this article.
If you guys can do me a favor and share it if it has helped you understand more about how to drop names. I appreciate you guys and I hope this helps you grow your business or personal relationships.