I Love Sunday
Me and my girlfriend were chatting on Sunday when I told her I saw Dr Wayne Dyer talking on PBS. She started telling me about a program she watch in the past called “Excuses Begone”. So we decided to watch on YouTube together that night. One of those great joys to sit down with the person you love and grow together, and ask each other what we thought about each video. I’m truly blessed to have someone in my life that like that. This is what I call a true stop and smell the roses kind of moment. We sometime miss the great joys in life, because we are too busy with life.
The following are some of the most common excuses which we give if we are unable to undertake or just doing something great in life. Something within us is holding back and that is one of the reason we are unable to enjoy our life at the highest level of success, happiness and health. These are the MIND VIRUSES which Wayne Dyer calls to be decimated in order to achieve excellence in life. These viruses in the form of doubt, fear & in-habitations have to be dispelled which has been imbedded in our thoughts, actions and behaviors. This can be done only by unlearning the old habits which one has inculcated over a period of time and learn new habits which shall pave the way for success and accomplishment.
Along with the common excuses, Wayne Dyer has given affirmations for each excuse which will assist you in making a conscious effort to encourage yourself to elevate your beliefs unquestionably!
1. It will be difficult: I have the ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to with ease and comfort.
2. It’s going to be risky: Being myself involves no risks. It is my ultimate truth, and I live it fearlessly.
3. It will take a long time: I have infinite patience when it comes to fulfilling my destiny.
4. There will be family drama: I would rather be loathed for who I am than loved for who I am not.
5. I don’t deserve it: I am a Divine creation, a piece of God. Therefore, I cannot be undeserving.
6. It’s not my nature: My essential nature is perfect and faultless. It is to this nature that I return.
7. I can’t afford it: I am connected to an unlimited source of abundance.
8. No one will help me: The right circumstances and the right people are already here and will show up on time.
9. It has never happened before: I am willing to attract all that I desire, beginning here and now.
10. I’m not strong enough: I have access to unlimited assistance. My strength comes from my connection to my Source of being.
11. I’m not smart enough: I am a creation of the Divine mind; all is perfect, and I am genius in my own right.
12. I’m too old (or not old enough): I am an infinite being. The age of my body has no bearing on what I do or who I am.
13. The rules won’t let me: I live my life according to Divine rules.
14. It’s too big: I think only about what I can do now. By thinking small, I accomplish great things.
15. I don’t have the energy: I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy.
16. It’s my personal family history: I live in the present moment by being grateful for all of my life experiences as a child.
17. I’m too busy: As I unclutter my life, I free myself to answer the callings of my soul.
18. I’m too scared: I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, because I know that I am never along.
We now have the ammunition to stop saying these once for all. I would encourage to print this list out. When you find yourself struggling with the mind virus, quickly hit with positive antidote of the powerful affirmations.
Please Share this with others and “LIKE”, so they to can have the antidote for their MIND-VIRUSES.
I’m pretty sure the tagline grabbed your attention right?
I want to talk about a risky subject that most people won’t talk about. That is the art of name dropping. A lot of people have taken this the wrong way and get mad when people do it incorrectly. But I will tell you that there are people who name drop all the time. I want to teach you a couple steps to properly dropping names. Right before we get into the right way of doing it, I think we need to talk about the wrong ways first to get those comparisons in the fore front of our minds.
Don’t do this!
Don’t be that guy who says they know everybody. I know all too well this type of mentality. I use to be this guy and wanted people to view me as important. A lot of times we do this out of ego, thinking some how people are going to think I’m cool and worthy to be in their presence because I know so-and-so.
Again I want to stay on subject here, but I just want tell you this, if you struggle with this type of thing it’s okay to be you. I learned that you got to quit caring about what people think about you, the more you don’t care what people think; the more happier you will be with yourself.
Remember you are Awesome the way you are now!
Don’t name drop if you don’t know them personally.
I see a lot of people do this all the time, and think they are going to impress somebody with this tactic. This doesn’t impress people, it just makes you look untrustworthy and nobody likes doing business with people they don’t trust or like.
These are two things you can do to name drop properly.
- It’s not bad during your conversation to drop a name that might build a bond between you and the other person you are talking too.
For Example: conversation might go something like this. Somebody is asking you were you are from, and you might say I’m from Phoenix; how about you? They say I’m from Chicago, oh cool I actually have buddy who lives in Chicago. Yeah my buddy so-and-so I believe is connected to you. Do you know him?
See again I’m not trying to be ego driven in this conversation, I’m just trying to create a bond in this conversation through being relate-able and saying we might know some of the same people.
2. It’s okay to talk about people you work with or know to build credibility during your conversation.
For Example: you are talking to somebody and they asking you about what you do, and you say I do this and that. Then they would say something like oh that is cool. Yeah I have worked with so-and-so who I believe you know, we are really good friends. I was just at his house last month.
We are doing this to build credibility with that person, and maybe potentially do business down the road. I hope you guys like this article.
If you guys can do me a favor and share it if it has helped you understand more about how to drop names. I appreciate you guys and I hope this helps you grow your business or personal relationships.
I would like to paint a picture for you.
You are getting on the plane and you sit down at your first class seat, and you just wanna relax and get to your destination. The guy next to you is trying to have a conversation with you. You got your IPad sitting on your lap and you act like you don’t even hear him.
You look across the way and there is a empty seat across from you and the guy is sitting alone, and your thinking how lucky that guy is to have a empty seat next to him. The guy shouts a little louder and says “Hi” my name is James. You are thinking all I want to do is relax and sleep on this four hour flight.
This brings me to the title of this post. What if that guy or gal was the change you needed in your business? What if it was the person who was going to help establish a relationship with somebody who had been trying to do business with for along time. I believe you see where I’m going with this.
We have the ability to create our own luck, but we miss the opportunity every time out of either fear to speak, or we never learned how to have good conversation; or what I call the art of small talk.
Five Things you can do to open up conversations in the art of small talk.
- Don’t make it more complicated in your mind. Throwing out easy topics like family, occupation, recreation and etc. It so easy to start a conversation. Ask them if they seen that new latest hottest movie or etc. Just get them talking in general.
- When your using small talk, look for common interest that will keep the conversation going, and maybe even form a bond.
- Keep throwing topics and subjects until something really clicks with that person, but don’t make the mistake of going deep into religion, politics, and etc. Stay away from the deep stuff, we are just talking about small talk here.
- It’s very important to respond to the conversation, don’t just say yes and no and two word answers. If you do, that person will shut down and think you are not interested in talking with them.
- Put people at ease and try to make them feel comfortable by just having a good old conversation. I believe a lot of people have lost touch of just sparking up a old fashion conversation that could lead to so many great things down the road.
Food for thought, I hope it helps you build a successful business.
Orrin Woodward has been one of the most influential people when it comes to leadership,
Orrin Woodward goes on to tell us in the video below how to really get out of the cycle of failure. You really need to watch the video below and see why he is one of the top 25 most influential leaders on leadership and motivation.
Orrin Woodward tells How to get over this cycle that I’m in right now?
Orrin Woodward tells you Why you keep failing at what I do?
Why can’t I succeed in my Network marketing business?
If you are asking yourself these questions today, this video is for you. Orrin Woodward ranks up there with John C. Maxwell and other top motivational speakers. If you have not heard of him, just go read his book Launching a Leadership Revolution and you will see what I’m talking about.
Orrin Woodward has amazing book called “Launching a Leadership Revolution”
This is amazing book and I have been learning so much from it. If you guys would like to learn more about his products contact me and would love to tell more about them.
Orrin Woodward has taken leadership to a whole new level, and has even taken some of the best techniques and courses to make up his own 90 day mental fitness challenge which is amazing. If you guys want to see more about this take a look at it here.
Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady launches the 90 day mental fitness challenge.
I hope you guys truly use this powerful tool to grow to become a leader that you always dreamed of being. They can help you achieve a life and a level of leadership that would cost ten thousands of dollars and a lifetime to learn. They are masters of taking high quality information and breaking it down to bite size pieces.